Club Policies - Competitive Programs
Registration, Training Fees and Refunds
- All competitive members must pay early registration and administration fees upon registering for the program. This fee is not refundable.
- Monthly fees are payable by cash, cheque, or e-transfer. Ten post-dated cheques (September to June), dated 1st of each month, must be submitted to the office by the start of the training season. All cheques are payable to Toronto Aspirals with the child's name clearly printed on the front of each cheque. Summer training is extra.
- Payments submitted up to 8 days late, are subject to $5 penalty.
- Payments submitted up to two weeks late, are subject to $10 penalty.
- Should a child withdraw in the middle of the season, all uncashed checks will be returned to the family without penalty. There will be no refund for partial fee if the gymnast withdraws in the middle of the month. To avoid confusion, parent have to inform the club before the beginning of the month that the gymnast will no longer attend training.
- If the family goes on a vacation or the child gets sick and misses more than two straight weeks of training, 50% of monthly fees must be paid in order to maintain space in the group.
- Once registered in a gymnastics or dance class, changing classes will be subject to a $20 fee. This fee will apply every time a switch is made. If the class schedule is amended on the administrative level, this fee will not apply.
- For every competition, there is a registration fee that will be collected by your coach for each event.
- There is a small entrance fee to watch every competition or a show ($10-$15 per spectator). Gymnasts are free.
- There is a charge for every routine choreographed. The fee is $120 for three private hours, CD production fee is extra.
- Competition costumes may be bought or rented. The cost will vary. Parents should consult their coaches prior to purchasing or renting the outfit.
- Gymnasts should have their own apparatus for routines. They may be purchased through the internet from various rhythmic sites. Best known is: www.romsport.ca
- Parents may book private lessons or semi-private lessons with their coach or dance instructor.
- All private classes are booked directly with the coach.
- Payment for private classes is payable (in cash only) directly to the coach at the end of each class.
- Deposit of one private class is required upon booking of the first class. The deposit is fully refundable at the completion of the agreed-upon sessions, provided adherence to this policy.
- There is a 24-hr cancellation policy. If the student cancels with less than 24 hours notice, or is a no-show, full price of the private lesson will apply.
Code of Conduct for Parents
- Please be on time to pick up your child after practice as there is no supervision once class is dismissed. If you are running late, call the office to let us know. Late pick up will be charged $1/minute.
- Do not walk into the gym or otherwise contact your child during practice.
- Parents are welcome to observe practice in the parents' lounge. The coach has the right to draw the curtains if she feels the training process is being disturbed.
- Do not contact your coach with questions after the practice, rather request an appointment to speak to her in private at a mutually convenient time.
- Taking photos and video recordings during practice is strictly prohibited as it is disruptive to the gymnasts and coaches. Photos of other children may not be taken, unless you have explicit permission from their parents. This also applies to group photos.
- Toronto Aspirals Management reserves the right to suspend and/or revoke club membership due to non-compliance of established policies and procedures.
Throughout the year, Toronto Aspirals hosts an annual competition, "Valentine Classic", an in-club competition, "Stars of the Future" and several shows. Participation of parents is essential to the success of these events.
Make-Up Class Policy
- Please inform your coach if you will be missing a class. To make up a missed class, please go directly to you coach to book a makeup class.
- Makeup classes are a privilege, not a right. Do not abuse them.
- All communications on group level is done by email. Parents must check their emails regularly and inform the office, should their electronic address change. We will call only if the information we want to communicate is urgent and/or personal.
- Members will receive regular newsletters, competition/show dates and update and other information that is often time sensitive and/or will require your response. Parents may also call the club, write emails or come and talk to us in person during office hours.
Electronics & Valuables
- Do not leave any valuables in the change rooms. Toronto Aspirals is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Use of electronics and phones is prohibited during training.