1. My child participates in the sport of gymnastics for her benefit, not mine.
2. I will not give instructions to gymnasts -- that is the coach's role.
3. I will not impose my ambitions on my child and judge their progress based on the performance of others.
4. I will never question judges' integrity or honesty.
5. I will support all efforts to eliminate verbal and physical abuse from athletics.
6. If I am upset by something, I will wait 24hrs before discussing the issue with the coach and will do so in a private and constructive manner by first making an appointment with the coach.
7. I will not approach the coach prior to or during a competition/practice.
8. I will not attempt to get other parents "on my side" regarding decisions made by the coach.
9. I will show respect for all athletes, all coaches, all officials and all spectators at all times.
10. I will make my child feel like a winner by offering praise for competing fairly and doing her best.
11. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
12. I will make sure that my child arrives for practices and competitions at the time designated by the coach, ready to begin.
13. I will make an effort to support my child's team by helping with driving duties and concession duties.
14. After a competition, when things may have gotten heated, I will not approach the coach for 24 hours so tempers calm down.
15. I will not discuss my issues with coaching, judging, training, in the presence of my child unless requested by her coach.