What to wear:
Unless otherwise instructed, all gymnasts wear comfortable clothe â€“sweat top and pants, t-shirt and shorts, etc. Running shoes for toddlers should be fine as long as they are not worn outside. Gymnastics slippers for â€œgym beesâ€ and older are the best. You can buy them at any dance store. The one we deal with is Second Skin Fashion at Yonge and Royal Orchard. 905-731-2629. Mention you are a member of Toronto Aspirals, they may give you a good deal. Boys can wear socks or go barefoot. Girls' hair must be neatly tied up in a ponytail.
What not to wear:
Jewelry, bracelets, earrings (studs are fine), etc. of any sort or anything that may obstruct vision, movement or present danger to the child or equipment. No street shoes in the gymnasium or in change rooms.
What should a parent wear in the toddler's class:
Comfortable clothing, athletic socks, no outdoors wears. Preferably no jewelry, hanging necklace or bracelets, heavy wrist watch-anything that may hurt you or a child or obstruct movements.
Can we bring snack to the gym?
No food of any sort is allowed in the gymnasium or change rooms. You can (and encouraged) to bring bottled water to the gym. Please mark your child's name on it (as everyone else has same looking bottles) or if your child can write her/his name we have stickers at the â€œwater stationâ€ in the gym. Please take your water bottle with you when leaving gym area. Please empty water bottles before depositing them into garbage bins.
Tip. As kids drink very little, do not give them big bottles. Best are small containers which you can take home and fill out for next class.
It is not recommended to drink sweet juice during workout time as it makes kids thirsty.
Other useful information
- Please do not feed your child heavy meal prior to the gym time.
- Make sure the child goes to the washroom prior to the start of the class.
- Please do not try to â€œcoachâ€ your child while she/he is in the class. Go to the lounge and observe the class from there. If you feel your child may need you, position yourself the way she/he can see you through the window.
- Do not interrupt the training process. If you have questions to the instructor please address them after the class. You can also speak to us at the office. We will be happy to answer all your questions.
- We welcome all your comments and suggestion. Call us at 905-760-0092 (office) or 905-695-0899 (gym) at any time.
- The child may enter gymnasium area only when her/his class starts. Parents may not enter the gym on their your own or go on the equipment unless they are part of the class.
- Please leave gymnasium area promptly when your class is finished.
- Your child is supervised only during the scheduled class. Once the class is over and the instructor moves on to her next group, there is no one in the building to watch your kids. Please be on time to pick up your child.
For your convenience we have:
- Coffee and tea makers in the kitchen. Supplies of coffee, tea bags, cream, sugar and cups are available. Please feel free to leave creamers and sugar bags if you happen to bring your coffee from a coffee shop. Please wash cups after use.
- You or your children can watch movies brought from home on our TV, play with toys or do craft. Please tidy up after your kids.
- Parents can use their laptops in the lounge room.
There has been an error.
We apologize for any inconvenience, please return to the home page or use the search form below.